MEMBER RULES: Broken Arrow Youth Football Assoc.
1. Before athletes are allowed participation in any camps, practices, games or activities; you must do the following:
1.1. Fill out and sign all required BAYFA forms regarding your child.
1.2. Tackle players must submit and have the following on file with the BAYFA offices:
1.2.1. Physical form; completed and signed by examining physician.
1.2.2. Birth Certificate or copy thereof.
1.3. All fees and deposits must be paid in full to BAYFA before equipment is issued. Registration fees are non-refundable. All returned checks to BAYFA will result in a $35.00 fee.
Due to reasons beyond our control, No exceptions will be granted for these policies.
2. You and your child are required to participate in one major fundraiser each year. The BAYFA Board of Directors will specify the fundraiser.
2.1. Participation means that your son/daughter must sell and collect for a minimum of Ten (10) items valued at $10 dollars each.
2.2. You as parents/guardians are responsible for the merchandise and/or money.
2.3. The merchandise and/or money must be picked up and returned at the designated time and place specified by the BAYFA Board of Directors.
2.4. Failure to comply will result in your son/ daughter not being allowed to participate in practices or games until such time that these requirements are met.
2.5. Those who are strongly opposed to participating in the fundraiser may be granted an exemption by paying a fee of $100.00 per registrant.
3. Parents/guardians are required to attend child's games. This is not only to ensure the safety of your child, but also to instill him/her with confidence, support and enthusiasm. Parents may be required to sign a parental code of conduct. BAYFA is a member organization of Indian Nations Football Conference (INFC). As such, all directors, coaches, staff, parents, guests and participants of BAYFA must adhere to all INFC rules and regulations.
4. All tackle equipment issued is the sole property of BAYFA. All uniforms and equipment (minus the game jersey) must be returned to the BAYFA office in good condition or have a signed, written agreement in place by December 1st of the current year.
4.1. If your son/daughter discontinues active participation in BAYFA, their uniform and equipment must be returned within TEN (10) days of such discontinuance.
4.2. Parents/guardians of athletes with rented equipment shall be charged and be required to pay a rental fee of $25.00 after December 1st of this year as well as an additional $25 fee for each month the equipment is outstanding thereafter.
4.3. Replacement cost of such uniform and equipment is at the discretion of BAYFA.
4.4. In the event an attorney is employed in the attempt to obtain the return of the uniform and/or equipment rental charges or replacement costs, then parents/guardians of athletes with rented equipment shall also be liable for reasonable attorney's fees, cost of litigation and other reasonable expenses.
5.1. Shall be at specified times, designated by the coach of your team and upon approval of the Board of Directors in accordance with the league or conference rules.
5.2. Are limited to no more than four (4) per week with a limit of a two (2) hour maximum per practice (younger ages will have a reduced maximum practice time and limit).
5.2.1. Parents are required to:
220.127.116.11.1. Have their child/children to practices and games on or before the designated time
18.104.22.168.2. Pick up their child/children immediately after such practices or games.
22.214.171.124. Participants are expected to attend all practices and the last practice before a game is mandatory.
126.96.36.199.1. Failure to abide by rule 188.8.131.52.1 may result in sanctions or discipline being imposed on the participant including extra duties performed or sitting out of the game that week.
184.108.40.206.2. The BAYFA Board of Directors must approve any variance of rule 220.127.116.11.1.
6. Parents, relatives or visitors are not allowed on the sidelines or playing surface during games, scrimmages or practices. A coach, official or BAYFA director may waive this rule only for the purpose of carrying out a specified duty.
7. BAYFA is for our YOUTH and as such, BAYFA cannot and will not permit profanity, abusive language, unsportsmanlike conduct, alcohol, drug use or any conduct of a manner that may be deemed offensive. This rule shall apply at all practices, games and events.
8. If you incur a grievance, you are urged to first discuss the matter with the appropriate coach on your athletes’ team. If not resolved, you should present your grievance to the BAYFA office.
9. Football is a team sport and requires team effort. The coach will have the authority to discipline a player during practice for reasons felt necessary by the coach to maintain order and control of the participants.
9.1. The coach (or coaches) may elect to eject a player from the field of practice and/or to sit on the sidelines as a disciplinary measure.
9.2. If the player is not summoned to return to practice, this shall be called an absence.
9.3. 50% absences in a one-week period may result in said player sitting out of the game for that week.
10. A voting member of BAYFA must pay a membership fee of $5.00 prior to Sept. 1st of each year.
11. BAYFA encourages the participation of all athletes. As such, persons deemed eligible under specific criteria as set forth by BAYFA may obtain full and/or partial scholarships. Applications for funding may be obtained by visiting the BAYFA offices. Those seeking scholarships in lieu of registration fees will be asked the following:
11.1. Fill out and submit a scholarship application
11.2. Present accompanying documentation as to their financial well-being.
11.3. Upon receiving funds under the scholarship program, certain additional duties may be required of the grantee including but not limited to assisting in the trade of additional fundraisers or volunteering at BAYFA/INFC functions.
12. Registration fees for the 2017 season will be set at the following:
12.1. Tackle Football
12.1.1. Discounted pre-season rate of $180 if enrolled and paid before June 01, 2017.
12.1.2. Regular season rate of $215 applied June 01, 2017.
13. The infraction of a rule or regulation by a participant, parent, guardian or their guest at a game or practice, shall be dealt with by the BAYFA Board of Directors and may result in action taken against such offender in one or more of the following:
- Verbal or written reprimand
- Banning said offender from a game or games
- A fine imposed for each offense committed by said offender being a maximum of $250.00 for each offense.
- The removal of an offender or offenders from any and all functions of BAYFA for a period of time deemed appropriate by the BAYFA Board of Directors.
- Any other such action as the BAYFA Board of Directors may deem appropriate.
REFUND POLICY: Broken Arrow Youth Football Assoc.
1. Broken Arrow Youth Football Association employs and adheres to the graduated refund policy and rates as set forth below.
1.1. To be considered for a refund the following criteria must be met during the current year in order to obtain any reimbursements of funds.
1.1.1. Written letter or email containing the following:
18.104.22.168. Participants full name
22.214.171.124. Grade participating
126.96.36.199. Team name (if so placed)
188.8.131.52. Parents/Guardians name requesting the refund
184.108.40.206. Parents/Guardians phone & email address
220.127.116.11. Reason requesting the refund
18.104.22.168. Third party date & time stamp on or with the letter at the time of request. A postage stamp is an appropriate stamp if mailed.
1.1.2. All equipment, which may have been issued by B.A.Y.F.A., must be returned in working condition.
1.1.3. All club fundraisers must be completed or returned.
1.2. To meet all final requirements for any refunds, the participant may not engage in any B.A.Y.F.A. activities for the remainder of the season once (s)he has quit.
1.3. Refund requests are processed using the third party date/time stamp provided in the submission letter along with the fulfillment of sections 14.1.1 and 14.1.2 contained herein.
1.4. Tackle Football Program
1.4.1. Reimbursement amounts once all criteria have been met by parent/guardian requesting a refund.
1.4.2. B.A.Y.F.A. will retain a fee of $25.00 once participants’ online registration is submitted.
1.4.3. B.A.Y.F.A. will retain a fee of $50.00 once participant and/or a parent of the participant check out any equipment from B.A.Y.F.A.
1.4.4. B.A.Y.F.A. will retain a fee of $100 once the participant engages in the drafting process and/or is placed on a team roster.
1.4.5. B.A.Y.F.A. will retain a fee of $150 once the participant engages in any practices.
1.4.6. B.A.Y.F.A. will not issue a refund of any kind once games begin.